Friday 22 August 2014

SIXTIFICATION ( Healthy Entertainment ) Part II

For continuity read the earlier part posted today:

There was no way to regain my lost prestige and position at home from my children and wife. Interestingly , as a case of high discrimination, or perhaps well considered strategy, the lady of the house is usually kept out of this badge of humiliating sixtification It is perhaps because of the fact that usually ladies have a low voice say in the major decisions relating to home particularly if the issue involves money matters. The newfound position of the mother with full support from her children proves highly flattering and welcome to her , seeing in it an opportunity to settle the old scores with her husband. The children use her as a trump card to beat the father without taking any direct responsibility of affront . I was feeling ill at ease. My home was no longer mine, the inmates seemed to have become strangers to me. I was tactfully kept out from all kinds of discussion relating to family decision making. If some times I happened to drop in during family discussion, there used to spread a pall of silence at my sight, or there used to be a clever and cunning twist to the topic of discussion.i scrupulously avoided intervening in family discussions in my own interest but if some times my lips tried to part compulsively to say something, immediately would come a retort from my wife , "Tusi chip raho  ji", even before I could utter the first syllable of my piece. All of a sudden I had become absolutely worthless discarded piece of antiquity. 

Remaining in a state of bewilderment for a long time I started thinking of ways and means to come out of this predicament. There seemed only one solution , I should do up to shed off some of my years by going in for facial uplift , dying of hair and ordering trendy youthful dresses. It would mean breaking my resolve to stay simple and natural in old age, but there was no other 
option. This way also I would not be able to gain an inch at home, at least I would be able to 
dodge the outsiders, who know nothing about my age. Now I could also understand why people 
spent so much time and money to look younger than their years. Who wants to bear the badge of SIXTIFCATION ?

To be continued.........

No comments:

Post a Comment