Thursday 21 August 2014

SIXTIFICATION ( Healthy Entertainment ) Part I

When for the first time you hear from your child in any context or reference , " Daddy, you don't know anything."  it is time to stop ,ponder , and check up your date and year of birth to make sure whether you have sixtyfied, yes this word may also be new for you, actually it is , it is just now coined by me as near equivalent translation of the vernacular word SATHIA JANA I.e. to behave like an imbecile or insane person in his sixties, whose sense of discretion and judgment has been affected by age. That seems to be precisely the reason why in most Government jobs  the retirement age was fixed at 55/58 years, much before a person got sixtyfied. 

It was a common feature in the earlier times to give wrong date and year of birth, exceeded  by a few years, at the time of entry into Govt. Service , to take advantage of prolonged service and postponement of retirement . The Govt. Knew this fact. Therefore, there used to be appraisal at the age of 55 to check whether the man has sixtyfied or is closer to it. Extension beyond 55 years upto 58 was granted after making sure that the man is of sound mental health. Recently, because of increase in the average longevity, some Governments and Departments have raised the retirement age to comparatively safe limit of 60 years.

I am sharing my experiences of sixtification for the guidance and benefit of those who are about to enter this phase or have recently entered.When I realized that I have been discovered at home, I decided to reduce my interaction with the members of my family to save myself from the frequent rebuffs from those whom I had ruled and dominated for such a long time. There was no way a compromise at home except withdrawal from the scene. I tolerated this position for some time but after that I started feeling suffocated . I was in the habit of intervening in every matter relating to my home , not only that , I saw to it that my suggestion or advice was unflinchingly honored. Now the tables had been turned against me.

To be continued........

No comments:

Post a Comment